We maintain records for the following law enforcement agencies:
- Greeley Police Department
You can request records from Greeley Police Records via email, mail, or in person at the Greeley Police Department.
You must complete the appropriate form in order for your request to be processed, to include the signed and dated pecuniary gain statement on the form as well as any pertinent information to assist us with locating your requested information.
Please refer to the fee schedule for information about the applicable fees for the various requests that we can fulfill.
You can also more easily request traffic accident reports from CARFAX due to our partnership with them. Requests begin at $4.50. You will need the last name of someone involved in the accident, the date of loss, and the report number.
Click the link below to get started.
Types of Records Requests
Please complete any of the forms below, sign and date the pecuniary gain statement portion of the form, and deliver it to us via email, mail, or in person at the Greeley Police Department and we will assist you in determining the fees associated with your request.
- A Report Release Request is required when requesting traffic accident reports, police reports, and other types of reports generated for the Greeley Police Department.
- A Background Check Request is required for background checks and clearance letter requests.
- An Evidence Copy Request is required when requesting copies of items in evidence such as crime or traffic scene photographs.
- A Dispatch Recording/Text-to-911 Transcript Request is required when requesting 911 audio recordings and/or text-to-911 transcripts.
- A Location/Phone Search Request is required when requesting a history of calls to an address or a history of calls from a certain phone number.
- A Body Worn Camera Footage Request is required when requesting body-worn camera footage.
Please send any requests via email to the following email address:
Please send any requests via mail to the following address:
Greeley Police Department
2875 West 10th Street
Greeley, CO 80634
Record Request Denials
There may be times when a record is not releasable to the public.
Denial of Inspection of Records – 24.72.305
Record requests may be denied for the following reasons:
- Inspection or release is contrary to Supreme Court rule or order of any court
- Inspection or release is contrary to the public interest (e.g. investigative file material; intelligence information; information regarding security procedures of Sheriff, District Attorney or Police Department.)
Additional Helpful Information
- Dial 911 for emergencies
- Dial 970-350-9600 for non-emergencies
- For road conditions, dial 5-1-1 or visit cotrip.org
- Colorado Motor Vehicle Verification System
- CBI Background check
- Public Access District and County Court records
- District & County Court help
Security Services/Guard and Pawnbroker/Manager Licensing Information
Greeley Municipal Code requires that all Private Security Services, Private Security Guards, Pawnbrokers (Companies/Businesses) and Pawnbroker Managers be licensed, with such licensing being managed/issued by the Police Department. All applications must be submitted to the Greeley Records Department at the address above.
Due to changes by the State of Colorado, the fingerprinting process for these licenses has changed. Please read and review the application instructions carefully for updated information on the new process. For questions regarding security guard applications, please call 970-350-9677, Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.