We maintain records for the following law enforcement agencies

  • Greeley Police Department
  • Weld County Sheriff

Requesting Reports

Victims of Crimes

  1. Complete a Records Request
    • Include your telephone number
    • Sign and date the pecuniary gain statement portion of the form
    • Include your driver’s license number and state of issue
    • An Evidence Request is required when requesting copies of items in evidence
  2. Submit your signed request
    • Email request to
    • Fax request to 970-304-6505 or 970-304-6504
    • Mail or in person: Greeley/Weld Records 1551 N.17th Avenue, Greeley, CO 80631


All Others (Including Background Checks)

A nominal fee is associated with requests from all others including all traffic accident reports.Please contact us at 970-350-9627 to calculate your cost.

  1. After determining your cost, complete a Records Request
  2. Complete any additional forms
  3. Submit your signed request with payment Mail or in person: Greeley/Weld Records 1551 N.17th Avenue, Greeley, CO 80631

Record Request Denials

There may be times when a record is not releasable to the public.Denial of Inspection of Records – 24.72.305 Record requests may be denied for the following reasons: Inspection or release is contrary to Supreme Court rule or order of any court Inspection or release is contrary to the public interest (e.g. investigative file material; intelligence information; information regarding security procedures of Sheriff, District Attorney or Police Department.)

Records Fees

Greeley / Weld Records

1551 N 17th Avenue #3
Greeley, CO 80631

970-350-9627 tel
970-304-6505 fax

Greeley Police Department Evidence

Police department in Greeley, Colorado
810 30th Ave,
Greeley, CO 80634


Please call to schedule an appointment for Evidence

Additional Helpful Information

  • Dial 911 for emergencies
  • Dial 970-350-9600 for non-emergencies
  • For road conditions, dial 5-1-1 or visit
  • Colorado Motor Vehicle Verification System
  • CBI Background check
  • Public Access District and County Court records
  • District & County Court help

Security Services/Guard and Pawnbroker/Manager Licensing Information

Greeley Municipal Code requires that all Private Security Services, Private Security Guards, Pawnbrokers (Companies/Businesses) and Pawnbroker Managers be licensed, with such licensing being managed/issued by the Police Department. All applications must be submitted to the Greeley Records Department at the address above.

Process Changes

Due to changes by the State of Colorado, the fingerprinting process for these licenses has changed. Please read and review the application instructions carefully for updated information on the new process. For questions regarding security guard applications, please call 970-350-9627, Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.